There’s something almost palpable in the air here in Ireland. The countdown is on to the 148th Open at Royal Portrush and to say the excitement is building is an understatement. Here’s a few reasons why this year is particularly special and why your golf group should be joining us for all the action.
- For the first time in its history The Open will be a sell out!! But luckily we were approved by The R&A as an authorised Ticket Provider for The Open and still have a limited number of tickets available as part of our “The 148th Open” packages.
- It’s the first time since 1951 The Open returns to Royal Portrush, ranked by Golf Digest as the number 2 golf course in Ireland!
- Local heroes will be coming home to compete for the prestigious Claret Jug…..Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke and Graeme McDowell will all want to do their country proud by winning on their home soil.
- The setting of this year’s The Open in Royal Portrush is breathtakingly stunning. Rugged green mountains sweep down to the Atlantic coastline creating a truly magnificent backdrop for the international golfing elite and their supporters.
- The atmosphere will be electric….the people on the Island of Ireland are known throughout the world for our unique, warm hospitality. Your golf group will enjoy an unrivaled sporting event and experience the best of hospitality all the while creating special memories among friends.
- On the days you are not attending The Open you and your group can play on some of the best golf courses this island has to offer….from Royal County Down (ranked number 1 by Golf Digest) to The European, we have something for everyone. We have 3 main packages on offer however we would also be delighted to tailor an itinerary to suit your group’s requirements as this is what we do best!
If you already know which package you would like to book, please let us know and we’d be delighted to secure your booking. Alternatively, if you would like more information about touring possibilities, simply send us a note with your details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible. We are aware that the clock is ticking on this and are keen to get your group trip organised ASAP.
Your Team at TheOpenTravel.com & Golf Vacations Ireland.